Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reflection: Digital Storytelling: "Memories of my Father"

Because of the length of my video, I am unable to create a link for my video. I was, however, successful in posting my video on Facebook. Some of you are on my friends list and are welcome to see the video on my wall. I welcome some feedback!
In checking all 3 apps this week, I felt that I movie was the best app for the kind of story I wanted to tell and what I wanted to include. I was inspired bus story i viewed called " my mother's socks.". A teacher did a video in memory of her mother. I then decided I wanted to do a story about my father who died almost 2 years ago. I wanted the story to include pictures, music and a personal recording and I movie seemed the best fit. I Movie seemed to have more options and abilities for easy editing. The drawback is that I could not just email the video. I did upload it to Dropbox but when you view it it was choppy. Not sure if this is because of the length of the video? Professionally I was thinking that maybe some of my students would find it helpful to write/create a story related to a loss or create stories when discussing bullying or conflict resolution. I found this to be a fun process. I know students enjoy doing role plays in guidance class and this could create another way to practice and show what they have learned without it feeling like its a writing assignment per se.

7 comments:

  1. Melissa, Your video is incredible. So much more than a class project. Such powerful storytelling with the pictures and narration. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eric. Professionally I learned a lot but on a personal level it was very therapeutic. A project that I can treasure for years to come!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    I had the same issues with my iMovie poem....maybe they will let us share when we get together in August....I really would like to see what you did.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helps knowing I wasn't the only one. It will probably be one of those things that has an easy solution and wego..."duh!". I will forewarn you that I might shed a tear or two when we watch it in class. It was personally a really good project to work on.

      Delete
  4. Hi Melissa. I had the same technical issues... I hope they will let us share inAugust....I would really like to see what you did.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete